Can dogs eat popcorn? Dogs should get their own food and not get used to being fed constantly. Outside of eating hours, food can be used as a reward when your dog is good, but not all foods are suitable. Popcorn is nutritious, but it is seasoned with a lot of salt or sugar, which is harmful to the intestinal health of your friend. Too much of it can lead to vomiting, diarrhea, or poisoning!
Can my dog eat popcorn?
Yes, dogs can eat popcorn but; We should pay attention to some tips;
- If it has to be popcorn, at least make it yourself with no salt or sugar.
- It should not be forgotten that there is also a risk of suffocation in small dogs if the corn kernels get stuck in their throats and cannot be swallowed.
- The grains that have not burst can also get stuck in the teeth or airways.
- And a few popcorn every now and then?
- The ideal case is to teach the dog not to beg with its owners at the table while eating. But it is often very difficult to resist.
- Dogs can be very persuasive and with their loyal gaze insistently beg until they get a bite. If you don’t give your dog anything, you feel bad, you feel sorry for yourself, and you think that a little sure can’t hurt.
Is Popcorn Safe For Dogs?
As a rule, popcorn is not harmful to your dog. However, there are exceptions. If your dog suffers from an allergy to corn, you should definitely avoid popcorn. In addition, popcorn contains corn kernels that have not been popped up. These collect at the bottom of the popcorn bowl.
Your dog can choke on the unpopped corn kernels. They can get stuck in the throat or windpipe. This is especially dangerous for smaller dogs.The hard shells of the corn kernels also tend to get caught in the teeth. There they can cause inflammation of the gums. Commercial popcorn and microwave popcorn are unsuitable for dogs.
Easy popcorn recipe
- You can make popcorn for your dog in any pot that has a lid.
- It is best to choose a pot that seems way too big to you. You have to keep in mind that the popped corn kernels take up a lot more space than the raw corn kernels.
- Cover the bottom of your pot with the corn and add the oil. Then close the pot with the lid and heat it.
- First set the stove to the highest setting. As soon as the first kernels of corn pop, reduce the heat a little. This means that the corn does not burn on the ground. After a few seconds, all of the corn kernels should be popped up.
- Make sure to keep the lid closed so that the popcorn doesn’t pop out of the pot. As soon as significantly less popcorn pops, take the pan off the stove.
Our previous article Can dogs eat cheese? Is cheese bad for dogs? We recommend that you read our article titled.